AgriTech Season – Crossing the Chasm Workshop
March 28 @ 8:00 am - March 29 @ 5:00 pm
How to successfully bridge the gap between your idea and the market
The exciting growth of Agri tech is creating a new market place for solutions that improve productivity, reduce waste and automate production. Precision agriculture, novel food production, connected supply chains, and data-driven decision making are just some of the areas where new technology can be applied. Progressing a technology idea to market successfully has always been challenging and there is a well known and understood gap that has to be crossed. There are also many pitfalls in delivering a solution that is both suitable and robust enough for the intended application.
The workshop focuses on the challenges of developing an Agri-tech solution but the content will apply to other technology projects you may be embarking upon.
• Establishing why new products and services fail and what to do about it
• Maintaining a balanced approach
• Technology – How to approach and understanding the stages
• Researching the market and route to market
• Selling – How to promote your idea
• Organisation – Building your team & network
• Proof of Concept – Demonstrating the feasibility of an idea
• Prototype – The early sample, model or release of a solution
• Software – considerations
• Electronics, Mechanics and Controls
• Taking the solution to market
• CE markings and compliance
Who should attend?
The workshop is open to anyone actively working on or about to embark upon an Agri-tech project, ideally you will be aiming to develop a physical real-world solution. Entrepreneurs, SME’s and representatives from corporations are all welcome. The workshop is not suited to ideas that are purely mobile phone applications or cloud-based technology, however if your solution utilises these as a system component then the workshop is certainly for you. Who is delivering the Workshop? The workshop will be delivered by Gavin Allen from Glideology, an industry expert in developing fit for purpose technology which operates consistently in demanding environments. He has over twenty years hands-on experience in developing complex systems and high-speed machinery for the food production industry.
For tickets, register here.