NFYFC – AGRI Forum
The National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs (NFYFC) will be hosting its AGRI Forum, sponsored by KUHN Farm Machinery and supported by Defra, on 5 February 2020 with the provocative title Fit in or Fade Out!
The event will be held at Daylesford in Gloucestershire – one of the most sustainable, organic farms in the UK and will involve leading industry figures discussing the challenges and opportunities for a farming and rural future. Delegates will also see how Daylesford’s organic system operates, alongside examples from Agricology on agroecological practices in all farming systems to adapt to a resilient, sustainable model of food production.
The event is open to YFC members and those from the industry interested in taking part in what promises to be an insightful and engaging debate. The event will comprise a Daylesford farm tour, five themed discussion groups with industry, farming and the Agricology project leads as well as a panel debate.
- 10.30 am Arrive/coffee
- 11-12.30 pm Welcome and Daylesford Farm visit
- 12.30 pm Lunch
- 1.30 pm Introduction – NFYFC, KUHN, Daylesford and Agricology – Daylesford Market Garden/Horticulture tour
- 2.30 pm Group workshops
- How can agroecology enhance your farm?- Agricology’s Katie Bliss and Ian Wilkinson.
- Integrate and innovate – National Sheep Association’s (NSA) CEO Phil Stocker and Sarah Carr, Farm491’s Innovation Specialist. The future of the sheep industry – automation, adoption of technology, changing skills and an alternative workforce.
- What will the future bring? – Compassion in World Farming’s Senior Policy Manager, James West.
- Sustainable farming – How Now Dairy’s Oliver Lee – young dairy entrepreneur
- Good practice – Robin Levin – SAI Global UK Assurance’s Agriculture Manager UK & Ireland.
- 3.45 pm Discussion groups’ feedback
- 4:15 pm Tea
- 4:30 pm Short film
- 4:45 pm Panel debate
- 5:45 pm Summary of discussion and thanks
- 6:00 pm Supper