Head of Operations
LettUs Grow is a fast-paced and environmentally conscious start-up based in the heart of Bristol. We design technology for indoor farms with the mission to reduce the waste and carbon footprint of fresh produce by enabling anyone, anywhere, to grow nutritious produce near its point of consumption.
We’ve developed innovative software and hardware solutions that combine efficient aeroponic technology with data collection, automation and operational insights for the farmers and growers of the future. We are scaling quickly to meet the growing demand for this trailblazing technology.
With a team of open, caring and ambitious peers, working in a technically-challenging and impact-driven industry, this is somewhere to really make your mark on society and help feed the next generation.
As Head of Operations at LettUs Grow, you will be a crucial member of our senior management team, specifically focused on ensuring that LettUs Grow scales up efficiently and securely. You will be working in close collaboration with our Managing Director and founders to ensure that our ambitious, caring, and ethics-led culture is embedded across everything we do.
You will be expected to provide dedicated leadership of the LettUs Grow operations team with responsibilities stretching across human resources, legal compliance, premises, security and ethical matters, such as facilitating environmental impact assessments . As such, you can expect a varied workload and wide range of interesting projects that directly support and foster a caring, collaborative working environment.
We look forward to welcoming you to our diverse team of horticulturists, growers, engineers, marketeers and operational experts, to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology together.
- Provide management, mentorship and leadership to the Operations Team.
- Manage and oversee all personnel matters and recruitment activity with care and compassion.
- Oversee the management of LettUs Grow premises, alongside both online and offline security.
- Maintain compliance with all current health and safety regulations.
- Support the physical and emotional safety of all LettUs Grow employees.
- Support and nurture the growth of employees through managing Personal development/training programmes.
- Assist our Managing Director with legal documentation during investment rounds.
Who are you?
- You are excited by the challenge of helping a small but growing start-up cultivate and embed ethical practices throughout the company as we commercialise.
- You enjoy building and nurturing organisations and designing and implementing new processes to help them scale efficiently.
- You are a natural leader who leads with integrity.
- You are diligent, you learn fast and are comfortable in taking responsibility.
- You are a clear communicator who is capable of relaying sensitive information in a understanding and compassionate way.
What you need:
- Three or more years of management experience, or a positive reference, in an operations-related field within a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Prior expertise in the field of human resources.
- Experience taking responsibility for difficult decisions.
- Curiosity and a passion for learning, as you will be expected to continuously learn and develop skills within your areas of responsibility.
- Prior exposure to legal documents as you will be assisting the Managing Director during investment rounds.
- Experience implementing new processes, and a proficiency with enterprise software.
- Exposure to project management methodologies.
- An understanding and interest in agriculture.
The position can be part time or full time and is based in central Bristol. We are open to a job-share for this position.
Salary will be calculated pro-rata, and competitive to match experience, with the benefit of employee share options scheme. LettUs Grow Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About LettUs Grow
Everything we do is impact-driven. We want to make a substantial positive change, not just through our products, but also in how we operate as a team. We are ambitious, responsible and caring, and bring these core-values into everything we do. This is clear in the way we approach challenges: we’re ambitious enough to run into a fair few, responsible enough to address them with innovative solutions and caring in our approach to solving them as a team, for the good of our planet and all the people that inhabit it.
At LettUs Grow, we collaborate across teams so you’ll have the opportunity to work with our team of plant scientists and engineers or to speak at public events with our communications team.
You will be working from our open office where hotdesking is encouraged, within our world-class horticultural research facility and/or in our engineering workshops and production areas.
At LettUs Grow we offer:
- Flexible working hours. Whether your child’s ill, you’re waiting for a package or you have some deep-focussed work to do, we all need some time away from the office.
- A living wage in line with our salary framework.
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata, plus UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up! If you don’t, you can carry some over into next year.
- Training and professional development: training courses, resources and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role and for your future.
- A team of ambitious, open and impact-driven employees.
- A newly refurbished, open-plan office environment and cutting edge research facility, complete with skill-sharing workshops and a ping-pong table.
- The best coffee in town. We keep our team well fuelled with top notch coffee from a local supplier.
- Bike repair station. Everything you need to keep you on the road from tools and parts to spare lights and a lock.
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at LettUs Grow? Visit our careers page to hear from some of our current staff.