This position is a twenty-four month apprenticeship through Pershore College. Upon completion of the apprenticeship you will be awarded a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Horticulture – Crop Technician. To learn more about the apprenticeship and its requirements click here.
As Crop Technician at LettUs Grow, you will be a crucial member of our growing team, specifically focused on supporting the growing trials at our Bristol-based, aeroponic indoor farm.
You can expect to be delegated responsibility at an early stage and will have a real opportunity to progress as the company scales. This role is ideal for a passionate and hard working applicant who is keen to grow with an impact-led startup.
We look forward to welcoming you to our diverse team of horticulturists, growers, engineers, marketeers and operational experts, to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology together.
Salary band: £16,000 – £19,800 dependent upon experience, calculated pro rata.
Application deadline: July 24th, 2020
- Assist in the sowing and harvesting of crops.
- Record plant growth data.
- Identify crop deficiencies and hypothesize solutions.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and organised farm.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and organised preparation space.
Who are you?
- You’re a passionate individual who cares about our environment and wants to be a key player in influencing positive change.
- You love learning and enjoy new challenges.
- You’re a hard working individual who is happy to get stuck into a varied array of tasks.
What you need:
- A basic understanding of how to grow food.
- Experience working in a hands on environment (e.g. workshop, shop, warehouse, etc).
- A basic understanding of Google Office and/or Microsoft Office Suite (Docs, Sheets, Forms, Word, Excel etc.).
- A passion for indoor or vertical farming.
- Experience working on a farm (even better, an indoor farm!).
The position is full-time, with days allotted for external study through Pershore College. This role will commence remotely due to Covid-19 government restrictions. There will be opportunities to visit our office and farm in central Bristol, where health and safety precautions are in place to ensure your safety.
Following completion of a successful apprenticeship, there is potential for full-time employment. LettUs Grow Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About LettUs Grow
Everything we do is impact-driven. We want to make a substantial positive change, not just through our products, but also in how we operate as a team. We are ambitious, responsible and caring, and bring these core-values into everything we do. This is clear in the way we approach challenges: we’re ambitious enough to run into a fair few, responsible enough to address them with innovative solutions and caring in our approach to solving them as a team, for the good of our planet and all the people that inhabit it.
At LettUs Grow, we collaborate across teams so you’ll have the opportunity to work with our team of plant scientists and engineers or to speak at public events with our communications team.
You will be working from our open office where hot desking is encouraged, within our world-class horticultural research facility and/or in our engineering workshops and production areas.
At LettUs Grow we offer:
- Flexible working hours. Whether your child’s ill, you’re waiting for a package or you have some deep-focused work to do, we all need some time away from the office.
- A living wage in line with our salary framework.
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata, plus UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up! If you don’t, you can carry some over into next year.
- Training and professional development: training courses, resources and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role and for your future.
- A team of ambitious, open and impact-driven employees.
- A newly refurbished, open-plan office environment and cutting edge research facility, complete with skill-sharing workshops and a ping-pong table.
- The best coffee in town. We keep our team well fuelled with top notch coffee from a local supplier.
- Bike repair station. Everything you need to keep you on the road from tools and parts to spare lights and a lock.
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at LettUs Grow? Visit our careers page to hear from some of our current staff.