LettUs Grow is a fast-paced and environmentally conscious start-up based in the heart of Bristol. We design technology for indoor farms with the mission to reduce the waste and carbon footprint of fresh produce by enabling anyone, anywhere, to grow nutritious produce near its point of consumption.
We’ve developed innovative software and hardware solutions that combine efficient aeroponic technology with data collection, automation and operational insights for the farmers and growers of the future. We are scaling quickly to meet the growing demand for this trailblazing technology.
With a team of open, caring and ambitious peers, working in a technically-challenging and impact-driven industry, this is somewhere to really make your mark on society and help feed the next generation.
As the Financial Director at LettUs Grow, you will be a crucial member of our senior management team, specifically responsible for the oversight of LettUs Grow finances. You will be working in close collaboration with our Managing Director to manage and control finances across teams, and to ensure LettUs Grow’s financial processes scale efficiently.
You can expect to be delegated responsibility at an early stage and work at a strategic level in the company to help build the financial infrastructure and processes for scaling. This role is ideal for a thorough, diligent and responsible financial professional who relishes a new challenge.
We look forward to welcoming you to our diverse team of horticulturists, growers, engineers, marketeers and operational experts, to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology together.
- Provide commercial/financial input and support to the Senior Management team and Board.
- Preparation and review of long-term financial planning, forecasts, budgets, and short-term cash forecasts.
- Liaise with key Company stakeholders, including accountants, bookkeepers and other accountancy support functions.
- Produce monthly management accounts and maintain internal accounting registers.
- Maintain Company compliance for Corporation Tax, PAYE/NIC, VAT filings, R&D Tax credits, and pension schemes.
- Support investment preparation and investment processes.
- Establish scalable, ethical banking facilities and processes.
- Establish financial processes that work efficiently as company scales.
Who are you?
- An experienced FD, or of similar experience, you understand the start-up financing journey and you are efficient at implementing appropriate processes that enable the company to scale.
- You are a dedicated, ambitious and focused team player.
- You are thorough and this is reflected in your standard of work.
- You are excited about working for a dynamic Bristol-based start-up and recognise that with this comes a necessity to work in a fast-pace, rapidly evolving environment. You are capable of dealing with changes in circumstance and you are able to react diligently.
What you need:
- Years of experience in managing/controlling finances in a start-up environment.
- Chartered Accountant (or of equivalent experience).
- Experience with accounting platforms, including XERO.
- Experience liaising with accountants, investors and key stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Experience working on customer financing packages.
- Experience working in project finance for large infrastructure, or renewable energy, projects.
- Direct experience or understanding of agricultural or horticultural markets.
- Direct experience of raising finance from private investors, venture capital and/or private equity.
- Experience with employee incentive scheme design and implementation.
The position is part time, based in central Bristol and will benefit from training and external mentoring. Salary will be competitive to match experience, with the benefit of employee share options scheme. LettUs Grow Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About LettUs Grow
Everything we do is impact-driven. We want to make a substantial positive change, not just through our products, but also in how we operate as a team. We are ambitious, responsible and caring, and bring these core-values into everything we do. This is clear in the way we approach challenges: we’re ambitious enough to run into a fair few, responsible enough to address them with innovative solutions and caring in our approach to solving them as a team, for the good of our planet and all the people that inhabit it.
At LettUs Grow, we collaborate across teams so you’ll have the opportunity to work with our team of plant scientists and engineers or to speak at public events with our communications team.
You will be working from our open office where hotdesking is encouraged, within our world-class horticultural research facility and/or in our engineering workshops and production areas.
At LettUs Grow we offer:
- Flexible working hours. Whether your child’s ill, you’re waiting for a package or you have some deep-focussed work to do, we all need some time away from the office.
- A living wage in line with our salary framework.
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata, plus UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up! If you don’t, you can carry some over into next year.
- Training and professional development: training courses, resources and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role and for your future.
- A team of ambitious, open and impact-driven employees.
- A newly refurbished, open-plan office environment and cutting edge research facility, complete with skill-sharing workshops and a ping-pong table.
- The best coffee in town. We keep our team well fuelled with top notch coffee from a local supplier.
- Bike repair station. Everything you need to keep you on the road from tools and parts to spare lights and a lock.
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at LettUs Grow? Visit our careers page to hear from some of our current staff.