Business Development and Client Services Executive
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing, energetic and collaborative person with an interest in technology, agriculture and the environment, who is able to build strong relationships with our
clients and can excel in a rapidly growing organisation. We are currently looking to recruit a Business Development and Client Services Executive to join our young team, become an ambassador of our products and services for data-driven Smart Farming, whilst helping to build a robust sales pipeline, working with our clients and driving sales. The role’s initial focus shall be upon agricultural and food supply chain lead generation and new business development in order to build a comprehensive sales pipeline. This role will be based at Glas Data’s office in Penryn, Cornwall as well as remote potential.
• Are you a sales focussed problem solver, with an incredible ability to listen, understand, build rapport and close new customers?
• Do you want to work in a fast-moving, fast-growing, fast-talking start up and have uncapped earning potential?
• Do you have what it takes to deliver value over and above expectations on a consistent basis?
• Are you flexible and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment?
• Are you passionate about the future of food, farming and the environment?
• As a part of the sales and marketing team, actively engage and advise farmers, farm business owners up to C-level leadership, presenting our data and suggesting how to
improve their productivity and sustainability with data-driven Smart Farming processes.
• Collaborate with our clients to optimise and improve their performance then generate use case collateral to influence the full client base.
• Provide training at client sites and ensure active usage of the product and reporting.
• Provide in depth analysis and represent GlasCore as a product expert.
• Nurture existing B2B clients for high retention and renewal, whilst identifying up-sell opportunities.
• Take a data-driven approach to customer usage and satisfaction data, using our proprietary admin tools, HubSpot and MS Excel.
• Ownership of multiple clients, maintaining your activities within our CRM.
• Excel at solving clients’ issues, requiring in-depth understanding of the product.
• Solve clients operational challenges whilst keeping strategic goals in mind.
• Coordinate commercial and legal documents with clients.
• Meeting and exceeding monthly KPIs offers generous, uncapped commissions.
Skills and Qualifications:
What we’re looking for:
• Strong communicator, well developed relationship-building capabilities and effective collaborative skills.
• Goal-driven attitude to tackle big problems and deliver solutions for great customer experience on a one-to-one basis and enterprise setting.
• Aptitude and desire to become a subject matter expert with outstanding relationship building skills.
• Good self-management and organisation to balance time across multiple clients.
• Drive and motivation to succeed in a high-growth environment with opportunities to expand your skills.
• Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• SaaS as well as agricultural or agri-services sector experience beneficial.
• Familiar with HubSpot CRM.
• Interest in web analytics (Google Analytics).
• Interest in social media and SEO.
• Sales (SaaS products): 2 years (Preferred)
• Agricultural or food production background preferred
• Bachelor’s degree
• Competitive salary, bonus and commission package commensurate with experience
• Steep learning curve so you can become a technical expert and industry influencer
• A great team atmosphere and working environment
• Generous holiday policy
• We are easily accessible by bus, however we can offer subsidised parking onsite
• Weekly fruit box in office
• Freedom to create your own success story in a high performance environment
Customers, Sales & Marketing Team, Customer Support and Tech Team,
Why should you apply?
This is the ideal opportunity for a passionate sales focused problem solver to hone their skills and progress their career. So if you are interested in working within a passionate, close-knit and
focused team, on an innovative new product please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glas Data is an agricultural technology company with one key aim; to unite the technological aspects of food production for the benefit of the entire sector and ultimately, the end consumer.
Glas Data’s core product, GlasCore, offers an easy-to-use, cloud-based, agricultural management and decision support smart farming platform that uniquely enables users to collect their own
precision farm data, from any source, put it into one place, and provide them with intuitive aggregation and visualisation tools to improve their productivity and sustainability.
Glas Data’s vision is to empower farmers and increase supply chain efficiency overall by decreasing complexity along the value chain. This will allow data to be exploited to its fullest potential by highlighting opportunities to increase growth and productivity. The ten year aim is to penetrate all levels of the agricultural supply chain from farms to consumers, bringing traceability and unparalleled analysis to the sector. We are excited to bring technologies such as AI and machine learning to bear in solving some of agriculture’s most pressing problems, and are already working with the world’s most prestigious agricultural research institution on developing predictive algorithms for crop yields. This technology can be highly valuable to financial sectors, such as pre-harvest funding, insurance and commodities trading (quantitive models) and we are already exploring potential in these areas.
Ultimately we are driven to simplify the world of precision farming and unlock the value of precision data, saving our users time and money whilst improving efficiency and yields.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion,
belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Tel: 07512436232 / 07805034896