At Phytoform Labs we believe in sustainable agriculture that feeds all of humanity and is healthy without harming the planet. We are building a technology pipeline leveraging machine learning to understand plant genetics and implementing these understandings quickly and efficiently using genome editing.
If you are interested in using your experience to impact one of the least sustainable industries in the world then you are right for our team! You will be one of a small early stage team who will have a huge impact on the company’s journey and direction. Phytoform Labs is uniquely built from a multi-disciplinary team of world class talent focused on bringing about a change in agriculture using crop genetics. We are based at the renowned Rothamsted Research Agriculture Science Centre, just outside London, UK.
You will be using your experience to design and develop models using machine learning to understand fundamental rules in plant genetics. On top of that, with the team you will train and deploy these models as well as translate real world data for additional learning. Successful projects will be highly scalable across a wide range of species, automated and results will be interpreted into our plants to develop better crops.
- Develop and scale generative deep learning algorithms to create novel plant genetics using PyTorch and/or Tensorflow with Python as our main codebase.
- Develop and maintain our pipeline using a mix of on-prem and Cloud infrastructure.
- Continually develop the pipeline by keeping up to date with latest AI Research.
- Closely collaborate with colleagues, with strong reliance on Git Version control.
- PhD in Computing, Engineering or related subjects
- Project experience in Generative AI & Unsupervised models (VAEs, GANs, Transformers etc.)
- 2+ years solid software development and design experience
- At least 3+ years of experience in Python development and some working knowledge of C++
- 3+ years experience in Linux , Linux terminal commands / Linux Shell Scripting Experience
- Able to communicate complex ideas across a multidisciplinary team
- Love plants as much as we do
You get extra points if you:
- Solved bioinformatic & DNA sequence challenges with deep learning and statistics
- Have some CUDA programming experience (CuDnn library) & GPU accelerated AI research
- Strong record of solving scalability challenges with Cloud (AWS or Google Cloud)
- Have good understanding of DevOps principles
- Worked in a start-up before
What we offer
- A competitive salary and an equity stake in the company as a member of the core team
- A passionate and energetic cross-disciplinary work environment.
- The chance to develop something that will make positive global impacts.
- A flexible working arrangement to mostly work remotely with core hours of 10am-4pm.
- Access to gym, tennis court and cycle to work scheme