Senior Robotics Engineer
Are you an innovative Robotics Engineer looking to progress your career in one of the most exciting sectors? Muddy Machines is looking for a Senior Robotics Engineer to help push the boundaries of what is possible on farms.
We are looking for a talented candidate with a proven track record of delivering innovative technology to join us and shape the future of farming. We have an ambitious goal to feed the world in a sustainable, environmentally-friendly way, and you will play a key part.
Based out of the Central Research Laboratory in West London, you will work alongside the CTO and engineering team to develop our current prototypes and conduct field tests with our first customers. You will use your experience to shape the technology and processes we use, pushing the boundaries of robotics products in the agricultural industry, and in doing so, become an integral part of the business.
As a small company, we have a unique opportunity to ensure our teams are diverse and inclusive from day one. We know outstanding results occur when unique individuals from diverse backgrounds come together, this is something we are keen to cultivate as our company grows.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Robotics Engineer at Muddy Machines, you will:
- Lead the software development of our field robot and harvesting tools
- Identify, invent and apply technologies in innovative ways to meet the product specification and solve problems
- Work across all product stages, from research and development to implementation, field trials and deliver
- Collaborate with other engineers across disciplines to ensure all issues are resolved effectively
- Conduct regular testing and field trials throughout the year
- Ideally, you will possess a first-class degree in Robotics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. A relevant PhD is not necessary but would be advantageous
- 4+ years of experience as a robotics engineer or similar
- A creative and considered approach to problem-solving
- Ability to plan, prioritise tasks, and coordinate with the work of others
- Excellent ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Self-starter – ability to work independently
- Ability to travel regularly during the working week between April and July
- Broad knowledge of mobile robotic fundamentals and state-of-the-art including experience with:
- Mobile robot motion control and path planning (e.g. dynamic/kinematic models, MPC, NL-MPC)
- Computer vision and post-processing techniques and libraries (2D and 3D)
- Machine learning techniques for robotics (e.g. reinforcement learning, supervised learning, Bayesian methods, online learning systems)
- Control for robotic manipulation (e.g. trajectory control, motion planning, grasping)
- Strong coding skills in at least two programming languages such as Python and C++
- Proficient with Linux, ROS and Embedded Systems
- You’ll join the founding engineering team with the ability to shape the technology, tools, processes and culture of the company
- Your early contribution to the company will be rewarded with a generous equity package so that you share in the value you create
- Significant opportunities to take on leadership roles as the company grows
- Regular travel throughout the beautiful UK countryside for field trials, testing and on-farm development. When we say field trials, we mean it!
- A wild ride full of learnings and new experiences, you will never wonder why you get up in the morning
- Flexible working hours and location, work from where you and your team are the most productive
- Vibrant workspace colocated with some of London’s most innovative hardware companies
- Regular events with catered lunches
- Onsite gym and showers
- Free onsite parking
- Free hot drinks and plenty of desk or couch space
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Bonus points if you have an agricultural background or experience. Don’t worry if you don’t, you’ll get it with us!
- Must be able to start no later than 29th March 2021
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer relocation or visa sponsorship for this position.
- No recruiters, please