An introduction to the role:
As Procurement Officer at LettUs Grow, you will be a crucial member of our farm delivery team team, specifically responsible for the procurement associated with all LettUs Grow vertical farm builds.
You can expect to be delegated responsibility at an early stage and will have a real opportunity to progress as the company scales. This role is ideal for a hard working, positive and organised applicant who is keen to grow with an impact-led startup.
We look forward to welcoming you to our diverse team of horticulturists, growers, engineers, marketeers and operational experts, to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology together.
- Assist in the delivery and maintenance of installations around the UK.
- Improve upon existing procurement processes.
- Manage and oversee the entire procurement process for all LettUs Grow vertical farm builds.
- Communicate realistic procurement statuses to internal and external stakeholders.
- Engage with suppliers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Manage warehouse stock.
Who are you?
- You’re an organised person capable of managing various suppliers, contractors and deadlines.
- You enjoy learning about different areas of a business and you’re keen to get involved with lots of different projects.
- Sustainability is important to you and you relish the opportunity to grow with an environmental and ethical organisation.
- You care about your peers, your work and the wider world.
- You’re optimistic and have a positive attitude.
- You get satisfaction from doing your job well.
What you need:
- Professional experience in a procurement or similar position.
- Experience managing stock control.
- Open, honest and professional communication skills.
- Very strong organisational skills exemplified by professional and/or academic experiences.
- An understanding of electromechanical systems.
- Experience in engineering applications.
- Understanding of the vertical farming industry.
- Practical workshop experience and/or hands on work experience.
The position can be full or part time, based in central Bristol and will benefit from training and external mentoring. Salary will be competitive to match experience, with the benefit of employee share options scheme.
LettUs Grow Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Living Wage Employer. We encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply for our positions regardless of sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, neurodiversity, and/or disability. At LettUs Grow we celebrate our differences and embrace what makes every human being unique.
LettUs Grow takes the safety of our employees very seriously and has implemented the necessary safety precautions in response to Covid-19. You will be given the necessary materials to work remotely as well as having access to our office, workshop and farm located in Bristol. This position will not be affected by any government issued lockdowns in response to the Coronavirus.
LettUs Grow will not be using external recruitment agency support for this position.
About LettUs Grow
Everything we do is impact-driven. We want to make a substantial positive change, not just through our products, but also in how we operate as a team. We are ambitious, responsible and caring, and bring these core-values into everything we do. This is clear in the way we approach challenges: we’re ambitious enough to run into a fair few, responsible enough to address them with innovative solutions and caring in our approach to solving them as a team, for the good of our planet and all the people that inhabit it.
At LettUs Grow, we collaborate across teams so you’ll have the opportunity to work with our team of plant scientists and engineers or to speak at public events with our communications team.
You will be working from our open office where hotdesking is encouraged, within our world-class horticultural research facility and/or in our engineering workshops and production areas.
At LettUs Grow we offer:
- Flexible working hours. Whether your child’s ill, you’re waiting for a package or you have some deep-focussed work to do, we all need some time away from the office.
- A living wage in line with our salary framework.
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata, plus UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up! If you don’t, you can carry some over into next year.
- Training and professional development: training courses, resources and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role and for your future.
- A team of ambitious, open and impact-driven employees.
- A newly refurbished, open-plan office environment and cutting edge research facility, complete with skill-sharing workshops and a ping-pong table.
- The best coffee in town. We keep our team well fuelled with top notch coffee from a local supplier.
- A subscription to Blinkist with access to an online library of non fiction reading and audiobook material.
- Cycle to work scheme and an office bike repair station. Everything you need to keep you on the road from tools and parts to spare lights and a lock.
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at LettUs Grow? Visit our careers page to hear from some of our current staff.