Product Marketing Officer
An introduction to LettUs Grow
LettUs Grow is a fast-paced and environmentally conscious start-up based in the heart of Bristol. We design technology for indoor farms with the mission to reduce the waste and carbon footprint of fresh produce by enabling anyone, anywhere, to grow nutritious produce near its point of consumption.
We’ve developed innovative hardware and software solutions that combine efficient aeroponic technology with data collection, automation and operational insights for the farmers and growers of the future. We are scaling quickly to meet the growing demand for this trailblazing technology.
With a team of open, caring and ambitious peers, working in a technically-challenging and impact-driven industry, this is somewhere to really make your mark on society and help feed the next generation.
An introduction to the role:
As Product Marketing Officer at LettUs Grow, you will be a crucial member of our commercial team, specifically focused on developing and implementing marketing strategies for our suite of products, and understanding our customers’ needs.
You can expect to be delegated responsibility at an early stage and will have a real opportunity to progress as the company scales. This role is ideal for a creative, data literate and empathetic applicant who is keen to grow with an impact-led startup.
We look forward to welcoming you to our diverse team of horticulturists, growers, engineers, marketeers and operational experts, to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology together.
£24,000 – £30,000 per annum dependent upon experience alongside a benefits package designed to foster your personal and professional development.
June 8th, 2021
- Study the LettUs Grow suite of products, services and technologies and be able to communicate their benefits to users.
- Understand the needs of LettUs Grow’s customers and act as the voice of the customer within the commercial team.
- Follow and analyze market trends to position product messaging effectively.
- Develop and implement effective marketing strategies and plans in line with both customers needs and the LettUs Grow brand strategy.
- Communicate the product offering in a way that resonates with our key customer personas.
- Create content such as case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts.
- Speak and present about products to both external and internal audiences.
- Promote LettUs Grow products, services & technologies across our channels.
- Work with the product design team to bring audience feedback into the product design phase.
- Making sure the communications road-map dovetails with the product road-map.
- Develop marketing assets that facilitate the selling process.
- Work with other teams as necessary to promote products.
Who are you?
- First and foremost, you’re an excellent communicator. You actively listen to others and always engage in a friendly and professional tone.
- You are commercially savvy with a strong understanding of the business world, and ideally the horticultural or cleantech market and environment, backed by a ready grasp of what a company needs to do to thrive.
- This role will be a balance of independent projects and collaborative work. This means you’re self motivated and capable of owning your own projects but you’re also capable of working with other team members, customers and creative contractors.
- You will be researching to understand our customers needs and the product market fit. This means you’re inquisitive, determined, and always eager to learn and understand.
- You’re passionate about sustainability, you make ethical choices and you truly understand the triple bottom line.
- You’re an open, honest and helpful person.
- You love a good spreadsheet. You have an analytical mind and strong quantitative skills.
- You also know that numbers can’t paint the whole picture and hold qualitative information in equally high regard.
- You complete your work to a high standard and you have a keen eye for detail.
- You’re a creative person who relishes the opportunity to create informative and aesthetically pleasing content.
What you need:
- A minimum of three years marketing experience, with at least two years as a product marketer or similar.
- OR – a product development background alongside evidenced strong communications skills.
- Experience with graphic design.
- Experience with copywriting.
- Experience running integrated marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with key customer personas and audiences.
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Experience using Mailchimp, Hootsuite, SquareSpace, or equivalent marketing platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the horticultural sector.
- Experience marketing highly technical products.
- Experience launching a software product.
- Graduate in marketing, communications or similar field.
The position is to begin as soon as possible and is full-time (37.5 hours per week), based in central Bristol and will benefit from training and external mentoring. Salary will be competitive to match experience, with the benefit of employee share options scheme.
LettUs Grow Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Living Wage Employer. We encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply for our positions regardless of sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, neurodiversity, and/or disability. At LettUs Grow we celebrate our differences and embrace what makes every human being unique.
LettUs Grow takes the safety of our employees very seriously and has implemented the necessary safety precautions in response to Covid-19. You will be given the necessary materials to work remotely as well as having access to our office, workshop and farm located in Bristol. This position will not be affected by any government issued lockdowns in response to the Coronavirus.
About LettUs Grow
Everything we do is impact-driven. We want to make a substantial positive change, not just through our products, but also in how we operate as a team. We are ambitious, responsible and caring, and bring these core-values into everything we do. This is clear in the way we approach challenges: we’re ambitious enough to run into a fair few, responsible enough to address them with innovative solutions and caring in our approach to solving them as a team, for the good of our planet and all the people that inhabit it.
At LettUs Grow, we collaborate across teams so you’ll have the opportunity to work with our team of plant scientists and engineers or to speak at public events with our communications team.
Post-Covid, you will be working from our open office where hotdesking is encouraged, within our world-class horticultural research facility and/or in our engineering workshops and production areas.
At LettUs Grow we offer:
- Flexible working hours. Whether your child’s ill, you’re waiting for a package or you have some deep-focussed work to do, we all need some time away from the office.
- A living wage in line with our salary framework.
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata, plus UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up! If you don’t, you can carry some over into next year.
- Training and professional development: training courses, resources and conferences that help you learn and grow in your role and for your future.
- A team of ambitious, open and impact-driven employees.
- A newly refurbished, open-plan office environment and cutting edge research facility, complete with skill-sharing workshops and a ping-pong table.
- The best coffee in town. We keep our team well fuelled with top notch coffee from a local supplier.
- A subscription to Blinkist with access to an online library of non fiction reading and audiobook material.
- Cycle to work scheme and an office bike repair station. Everything you need to keep you on the road from tools and parts to spare lights and a lock.
Want to know more about what it’s like to work at LettUs Grow? Visit our careers page to hear from some of our current staff.