Championing Innovation: Farm491 Awards Announced!
Farm491 is delighted to have launched its own innovation awards this December. Our objective is to raise recognition for those members who are really sector leading; those who are exploring ideas and techniques which will really shape and carve the future of farming.
A fantastic afternoon at our Christmas Lunch and Innovation Awards on the 6th December saw many of our members pick up awards in celebration of their hard work and cutting-edge inventions.
Kindly sponsored by Wynne-Jones IP, the Christmas Lunch was a wonderful occasion for members to meet, network and share ideas – and the afternoon was topped off by presenting a selection of awards. Jo Price, Vice Chancellor for the RAU opened and closed the event – and there was a real buzz as everyone connected to Farm491 came together to celebrate the latest technological advancements in farming. Service providers, Farm491 members, GFirst LEP, as well as RAU peers and Farm491 team members were all invited to attend.
The award categories, and those awarded included:
- Innovation in Land Management – Landapp, sponsored by Harbour Key
- Creating an Innovative Community – Pasture Fed Livestock Association (PFLA), sponsored by Wynne-Jones
- Innovative Online Platform – Farm-r, sponsored by Marbles PR
- Innovative Drone Technology – Agrispectral, sponsored by Cookies & Java
- Innovation in Equine Data Collection – Define, sponsored by Think Engineer
- Innovative Livestock Monitoring – DiAgrii, sponsored by Fieldtalk and Clydesdale Bank
- Innovation in Energy Renewal – Raw Energy, sponsored by ISAAC Partnership
Angela Simkins, Farm491 Centre Director, said; “A big thank you to all of our service providers, members, RAU peers and team members for supporting our Christmas Lunch and Innovation Awards. It is fantastic to be part of such a vibrant and forward thinking community – and many congratulations to all those members who picked up awards.”