Innovation for Growth Series: Agri-Innovation for Food Resilience In collaboration with RAU & Farm491, this event brings together agri-food academics and practitioners to share ideas and learn how to access funding opportunities.
Innovation for Growth Series: Agri-Innovation for Food Resilience
There is an urgent need to transform agri-food systems towards higher levels of efficiency, resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability. Agri-tech innovation plays an important role in this transformation with 78% of farmers across the UK using some form of agri-tech.
This event brings together RAU academics, Farm491 members and other businesses from the Greater Bristol, Bath, Wiltshire, or Gloucestershire area to learn more about funding, potential partnerships and other agrifood opportunities in the area.
Who should attend?
If you are a business working with farmers, in food production and/or supply across the agri-food value chain located in the Greater Bristol, Bath, Wiltshire, or Gloucestershire area this event is for you.
- Get insight into potential routes to funding your innovative business ideas
- Identify possible opportunities for partnership and collaboration
- Network with RAU academics and other businesses working in this area
- 09:45 – Registration and brunch
- 10:00 – Welcome and Introduction by RAU Host – Professor Mark Horton – Director of Research and Enterprise
- 10:10 – Keynote Address: Dr Colin Cooper – Innovate UK Head of Commercialisation and Collaboration
- 10:15 – Innovation Funding opportunities for businesses. One minute pitches: Innovate UK Edge, Innovate UK, KTN, British Business Bank and Defence and Security Accelerator
- 10:25 – Exploring the Agri-Innovation Support landscape
Professor David Main: Transdisciplinary support for global transition in food systems
Professor Tom MacMillan: Working with farmers to boost adoption
Sarah Carr – Head of Farm491: Converting your idea or technology into a viable and successful business
- 10:50 – Panel discussion: Opportunities and challenges for industry and business collaboration
- 11:10 – Networking
- 11:40 – Closing remarks – Professor Mark Horton
- 11:45 – Stakeholder Conversation Session (opportunity for businesses to talk one to one to the stakeholders)
- 12:00 – End
Our Hosts and Stakeholders
Farm491 is a leading UK based AgriTech incubator and innovation space based at the Royal Agricultural University, supporting entrepreneurs as they advance their business with potential for impact in the agricultural sector.
There are a vast array of strategic business support and funding initiatives available. Understanding and deciphering which is the most suitable to address your specific need can often be a challenge. At Innovate UK KTN our mission is to connect ideas, people, and communities to respond to business challenges and drive positive change through innovation.
For more information and to book click here