Farm491 and Hartpury’s Innovation Programme
This programme is brought to you by Farm491 and Hartpury’s Tech Box Park to support AgriTech, FoodTech and GreenTech startups.
About this event
Available to companies registered in or trading in Gloucestershire, each delegate will access two phases of business support through a tailored programme of face-to-face and online sessions (Covid-dependent). Phase 1 specifically focuses on developing a robust business plan and customer value proposition. The sessions will also demystify areas such as cyber security, finance and getting investor-ready.
After Phase 1, the delegates will move onto Phase 2 of the programme where they will join Hartpury’s Digital Innovation Farm to gain further support through dedicated, practical working space and support packages, which also has the potential to offer access to Hartpury’s commercial farm and an extended farming network for practical trials and feasibility testing across the county where businesses can explore, test, research and develop new products, or enhance existing ones.
To apply, please fill in all required questions via Eventbrite. You will then be contacted to confirm your eligibility for this programme and also receive the full agenda. Please note, both phases are funded separately by the European Regional Development Fund. Successful applicants will be required to sign forms for both phases which are funded under De Minimis State Aid.
If you have any questions regarding the programme, please do not hesitate to get in touch:
Phase 1: Scarlett Crew, Farm491 Centre Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phase 2: enquiries.DIA-T@hartpury.ac.uk
Please see the outline agenda below:
1. Jan 25th 2022: Welcome session. Planned to take place at Farm491, Cirencester, however this is dependent on Covid restrictions and cases at the time.
- Purpose of the programme and overview of course
- Session with Rod Horrocks: Customer Value Proposition and Business Model Canvas
- Testing and Validation: how do we test the market fit?
- Abstracting the hypothesis behind your proposition
- Interviewing customers: potential structure and questions to ask
- Testing the hypothesis: Minimal Viable Products and pretotyping
- Session with Sarah Carr, Head of Farm491, Elevator Pitches
2. Jan 31st: Market adoption, market size and revenue model with Sarah Carr, Head of Farm491: Location – online
3. Feb 3rd: Finance fundamentals with Phil Mitchell, Harbour Key: Location – online
4. Feb 7th: Investment basics with Dr Sean Butler, CEO of Cambridge AgriTech: Location – online
5. Feb 10th: Cyber session with NAQ Cyber: Location – online
6. Feb 15th: Final session of Phase 1 with Rod and Sarah. Planned to take place at Farm491, Cirencester, however this is dependent on Covid restrictions and cases at the time.
- Finalising the Business Model Canvas
- The lean business canvas
- Milestones: defining milestones and setting goals
1. Business Diagnostic session with Hartpury’s digital advisor, Jonathan Sharpe
- Participants will undertake a Business Diagnostic and work with the Tech Box Park Digital Advisor to assess specific areas of business support required as well as develop an action plan.
2. Environmental Sustainability support package
- Helping your business to understand sustainability good practice, meet environmental standards and reach accreditation
- Environmental Sustainability workshop
- Two-part business sustainability assessment
3. IP seminar with Albright IP, including a clinic
Delegates can then select support from the following packages depending on their needs:
4. Product Development and Testing support package
- Supporting your business to analyse, test and demonstrate new and existing products to clients physically and virtually through access to the Tech Box Park space and facilities
5. Field validation and Market testing support package
- Providing your business with access to agricultural trial and test beds to improve productivity and efficiency
6. Showcase marketing and promotion
- Offering your business a platform to promote products to Hartpury’s academics, students, peers and potential customers through providing support with social media promotion, one off press release, use of facilities for showcasing event, marketing workshop event invite
7. Access to Tech Box Park events and Hartpury’s Agri-Tech Centre