Net Zero – How to become a Sustainability Superstar
Keep hearing about Sustainability and wondering what it means for your business and what opportunities are out there for you? Well, there’s an easy solution for that…
The Cirencester Growth Hub are inviting an inspirational panel of Sustainability Experts in to demystify Net Zero and equip you with everything you need to know to get cracking, including:
Carbonjargon busting – what Net Zero is vs Carbon Neural, Climate Negative vs Climate Positive and all those other confusing terms like Scopes of Emission and Offsetting?
• How to measure your baseline / progress against a Net Zero target.
• How to choose a Net Zero target that is ambitious and achievable.
• Come up with a plan on how you’ll achieve your Carbon Reductions.
Our expert Panel includes:-
• Our very own Laura Gelder-Robertson, low-carbon leader, Assessor on the Cambridge Institute for Sustainable Leadership’s Business Management: Towards Net Zero Course. Specialisms: Innovation, Climate Change Solutions, Offsetting. https://www.linkedin.com/in/laura-gelder-robertson-1129731/
• Rupert Blackstone, Sustainability Consultant with a specialism in Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency and Buildings. https://www.linkedin.com/in/rupert-blackstone-1b627227/
• Neil Russell-Bates, Sustainability Consultant with a specialism in Carbon Footprinting, Strategy, Sustainable Accreditation. https://www.linkedin.com/in/neil-russell-bates-he-him-a407aa1/
• Raechel Kelly, Systems Convener, ex ESG Analyst, who currently runs the Planet Cheltenham citizen’s Hub for Sustainability with a specialism in Regenerative Thinking, Change Management, Sustainability Solutions. https://www.linkedin.com/in/raechel-kelly-75b819a1/
• Arthur Parry, ex Sustainability Leader at P&G, now Sustainability Consultant with Products of Change with a specialism in Circular Economy, Sustainability Strategy and Waste Management. https://www.linkedin.com/in/arthurparrybusinessconsultancyandtransformation/
We are also delighted to have some great speakers – people who are already accelerating towards the good stuff and making waves in their sectors, including:
• Greg Pilley, founder of Stroud Brewery, B Corps, the only organic B Corps brewery in the UK (https://stroudbrewery.co.uk/)
• Dominie Fearn, founder of the Wild Hare Group, the UK’s first manufacturer of carbon neutral ready meals (https://www.thewildharegroup.co.uk/)
They will be sharing their journeys as small businesses leading the way towards Net Zero within Gloucestershire.
If your business is currently receiving support from The Growth Hub then the hours you attend this event will be included in your funded allocation. If you would like to discuss this further please contact the Navigator or Guide who is working with you.