Location: Somerset, UK
Sectors: CleanTech, AgriTech & Renewables
Disciplines: Mechanical / Agricultural / Chemical / Electrical / Other
We are looking for a well-rounded, versatile, and passionate engineer to support our small team as we grow. We are seeking likeminded individuals who are good under pressure, well organised, and meet deadlines, to join our rapidly expanding inhouse skill-base.
BioFactory is an exciting, young engineering and design company, with good career growth opportunities. We are tackling some of the world’s toughest environmental problems by developing and deploying innovative, low-cost, waste-to-energy solutions, through robust design and manufacturing excellence. Our team specialises in the utilisation of Anaerobic Digestion (AD) on micro-scale applications, initially applying our commercially viable solutions to the dairy sector. Our innovations are allowing the mass adoption of waste-toenergy technology, drastically reduce methane emissions on farms, whilst cutting farmers’ operating costs.
We have completed the development of our first viable product for the dairy sector and are beginning to deploy commercial units in the UK.
Scope & Purpose:
- Support the team in transitioning from product development to a commercial production line.
- Influencing the development of an exciting company culture in a young and expanding business.
- Help to form a competent and dynamic technical team.
- Support the development of a compliance documentation pack.
- Collaborate with key suppliers in the manufacture of commercial systems.
- Support manufacturing tasks such as purchasing and stock management.
- Oversee sub-contractors during the build process.
- Join the engineering team to assemble our products, deploy them to customers, and maintain them in the field.
- Support and implement design improvements to reduce the manufacturing time and cost.
- Assist the Company in the development and implementation of engineering best practices.
The Successful Applicant:
- Practical engineer, with design and hands-on experience, and good attention to detail.
- Understanding of the Anaerobic Digestion or AgriTech industry is desirable, but not required.
- Able to work unsupervised and prioritise work to achieve project targets.
- Good time management in a flexible working environment, with a mixture of remote and in-person working.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and decision making capabilities.
- Has genuine passion for our products and company vision.
- Determined self-starter, who can take initiative and enjoys a challenge.
- Team player, sharing know-how to build on the strengths of others and is comfortable working as part of a small, agile team.
- Good communicator, able to convey meaning quickly and accurately between the team and to external stakeholders (e.g. suppliers)
- Mucks in – BioFactory is a growing business, and sometimes a job needs doing outside the immediate role.
- Inspires innovation within the team (maybe over a good brew).
Permanent right to work in the UK.
Desirable – Valid and clean driver’s license – Able to travel within the UK as needed.
For interested applicants, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com