Commercial Manager - Vegetables
Our client is a Kenya-based horticultural company that specialises in the large-scale cultivation,
processing and export of high-quality fresh fruits, vegetables, and flowers.
They are looking to build on their current successful track record of growth and are looking to
recruit an experienced Commercial Manager – Vegetables (Veg) based in Kenya, reporting to
the Sales and Logistics Director as well as the Board of Directors.
The role of Commercial Manager – Veg is a key function within the organisation with
overarching responsibility for sales and marketing as well as ensuring the smooth functioning
of the business at farm management level, including cost analysis, predictions and finance.
Product development oversight, new market opportunity identification, customer satisfaction
and marketing operations management also fall within this role.
Sales and Marketing
• Oversee all event management.
• Drive marketing opportunities in new markets.
• Operate as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to your portfolio of customers.
• Build and maintain strong, long-lasting existing customer relationships.
• Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profit.
• Ensure the timely and successful delivery of product according to customer needs and
• Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external
• Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to exceed
• Using an existing network of industry contacts to generate new business.
• Ensure debtors are well maintained and any discrepancies are dealt with.
• Making periodic visits to the farms to explore specific needs and anticipating new
• Co-ordinate customer visits to Kenya and also overseas visits.
• Sign off all customer invoices (covered by Sales Director when absent).
• To manage the Head Office Sales Team in terms of the day-to-day objectives around sales
• To overview the Sales Teams’ responses with clients to ensure that on a day-to-day basis,
key product are being pushed to be sold out.
• Build strong customer relationships through appropriate management of client orders to
• Coordinate, run and present during client visits at farm sites, including preparation of
growth agendas / NPD to classification of key concepts for retail growth.
• To manage the critical process of reviewing and signing off claims within a 24-hour period
to assess if the claims are acceptable and if not, to manage rejections and disputes.
• Monitor claims trending and manage claims issues at senior levels with the Packhouses.
New Product Management (NPD)
• Manager the NPD process in line with client requests, by pulling together with relevant
parties to ensure that queries are answered within a reasonable timeframe and that an
appropriate and considered response is provided to the client
• Drive the NPD agenda as part of the overall sales remit.
• No sale is complete until a payment is made and as such, the Commercial Manager is
responsible for following up payments to ensure that payment is made in good time and
that credit limits are met.
* Any other duties that may be requested from time to time by the Directors
• ~10 years of experience in commercial, business development roles preferably in the
• Proven track record multi-cultural leading teams.
• Proven ability to coordinate with other departments within a company.
• Aptitude in decision-making and analytical ability.
• $48,000 – 60,000 gross monthly.
• Company car.
• International medical cover.
• Bonus based on performance.
• Paid for travel.
Please send your CV to Agri Frontier Limited at email@example.com. We will be
reviewing applications on an on-going basis.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Wandia Musyimi on