Farm491, is AgriTech Business Incubator of the Royal Agricultural University (RAU) was set up in 2016 and is a space for AgriTech entrepreneurs and innovators to grow their businesses by applying technology into agriculture.
It’s called Farm491 because, as well as providing high-spec facilities created to foster Entrepreneurship, ideas generation and collaboration, it includes 491 hectares of Cotswold Farmland for research and testing.
Farm491 is offering start up space at the RAU’s main campus in Cirencester (Trent Lodge), a farm based Innovation Centre at nearby Harnhill Farms and at a state of the art incubation hub “The Alliston Centre” opening in July 2018 – these are affordable and flexible office, workshops and co-working environments where aspiring Agri-Tech entrepreneurs can launch and grow their businesses into sustainable ventures.
In addition to facilities, Farm491 is also running an ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) funded project called Inspiring AgriTech Innovation Program to support AgriTech initiatives with business knowledge and skills.
Farm491 currently operates as a membership organisation and has a comprehensive web presence www.farm491.com used as main point of contact with likeminded community outside RAU. With increased facilities and activities we need to broaden quality and depth of our reach in the AgriTech start up and SME UK and global ecosystem.
Farm491 Marketing Communications
Farm491 Marketing, Communication and PR requirements are as follows:
PR & media relations
- PR generation – combination of project updates/events/member news.
- Media distribution/liaison – including industry, local and national.
- Management of additional media opportunities, advertorial, advertising, inserts, online etc.
- Blog generation (av. monthly)
- Mixture of membership benefits, project milestones, events, topical (industry).
- Interview member, research and generate copy (av. monthly).
Thought leadership & opinion articles *
- Research and generate quarterly – example Farmers Guardian.
Social media *
- Weekly posts – twitter (daily), Facebook (weekly).
- Variety of industry relevant, event information and drivers to website/media content.
- LinkedIn development & regular updates.
Exhibition/show media support *
- Pre, during & post show – online presence/press packs/social media activity.
- Dairy Tech, Crop Tech, Lamma, Cereals, Farm Business Innovation
Marketing collateral copywriting
- Ongoing support with content/copywriting/proofing of collateral as required.
Email and digital marketing *
- Monthly e-newsletter – content generation.
- Management of Farmers Guardian Insight Product Focus e-shots – content generation/ analytics
PR Coverage Online
- Weekly ‘catch up’ call
- Face to face review meetings – scheduled as required.
Additional input as and when needed
Video – ‘successful start ups in 60 seconds’
- Create more video footage.
- Publicise video content via blog/social channels.
- Arrange a full scale media visit for those unable to attend site openings to include Presentation, tour,press packs, imagery etc.
- Full PR & marketing support pre, during and post open days.
- British Farming Awards, Farmers Awards, LAMMA Innovation Awards, Agri Innovation Den.
- Assist and encourage Farm491 member businesses to enter awards.
- Maximise PR opportunities.
Federations & Associations *
- Research opportunities with various federations/associations, including:
- National Federations of Young Farmers.
- Wales YFC.
- Scottish Association of Young Farmers.
- Consider news/speaker opportunities/sponsorship etc
* Starred tasks are to be shared with the Farm491 Outreach Officer however supervision in some areas may be required.
For further information or to submit tender documents please contact Ali Hadavizadeh – firstname.lastname@example.org / 01285 889829
The closing date is 5PM on 20th July 2018.